校园 is operating as normal.
KatSafe is the University’s emergency alert system and preparedness program. The University is committed to keeping you informed by sending notifications in a timely manner and offering preparedness resources.
All SHSU community members are automatically enrolled in KatSafe voice and emails. Bearkats can update their personal information using the 山姆Web portal and add up to 10 people.
Sign up for Text Message Alerts
SHSU students and employees can sign up for text message alerts with the following steps:
- Login to your KatSafe Emergency Contact 信息 Preferences
- 下 “电话”，确保 ”(三种 & 声音)“ is beside your phone number. If it is not, select the “添加” button.
- In the pop up, enter your phone number, select ”三种 & 声音” 然后选择 “添加” button
In line with the CDC and the 德克萨斯州 Department of Health, SHSU and the 学生 健康中心 are shifting from emergency pandemic response practices to sustainable health practices for COVID-19.
这是什么意思?? Vaccines, treatments, and testing will remain available. Other tools such as data sources and reporting will change.
- The US Government will continue to distribute free COVID-19 vaccines for adults and children. However, the 学生 健康中心 will not have vaccines available.
- At-home antigen tests will be available for purchase at the 学生 健康中心 for students only.
- PCR rapid testing will be available for students at the 学生 健康中心 for students, and a charge for the test will be applied to student accounts. You can call the SHC for current pricing at 936-294-1805.
- Contact your medical doctor, students may contact the SHC Test and get treatment early
- Wear a mask to protect yourself and others, and reduce the risk of spreading illness
Please continue to refer to the CDC for the most up-to-date information